A group of theater enthusiasts and committed local residents held their first meeting of what was to become the Lompoc Theatre Project on September 2, 2012. The Lompoc Theatre Project was incorporated as a 501.c.3 tax exempt nonprofit on October 23, 2012.
The Lompoc Theatre Project is a community effort to restore the historic landmark of the Lompoc Theatre to re-open as a performing arts and film center, educational and community hub; and focal point of a revitalized Old Town Lompoc.
- Enhance Old Town Lompoc as a cultural center, generating economic benefits for the community.
- Act as a multi-use venue for performers and patrons in the community.
- Foster an environment that entertains, educates, and inspires.
- Encourage the development and collaboration of community arts and educational organizations.
- Serve persons of all ages, cultures, and economic backgrounds to explore their creative and artistic possibilities.
- Preserve our heritage and honor our history.